Mosaic Twirl Tag
I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial is intended for a beginner to learn about setting up image ready for animation. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
To do this tutorial you will also need Photoshop CS. I used CS 2. You may download a free trial at Adobe.
Remember to save as a .psd file often!
You will need a tube or cutout image that you wish to use.
You will need to download the Supplies. The MosaicTwirlRDB.psd is a blank image palette, that contains selections. The BlueberryNCreamRDB.grd file needs to be saved into your Adobe > CS > Presets > Gradient folder.
1. Open up the tube. It will need to be resized. Image > Resize, and set the longest dimension to 300 pixels.
2. Open up the MosaicTwirlRDB Palette. In the top menu, click Image > Duplicate. Close the original.
3. In the top menu, click Layer > New > Layer.
4. Choose the Gradient Tool from your tool menu. If the paint can is showing, right-click on the paint can and then choose the gradient tool.
5. click on the gradient drop down menu from the top menu. Then click on the choice arrow (circled in pic below) Choose Load Gradients.
6. Find the BlueberryNCreamRDB.grd and load it.
7. Then click on the blueberryNCream gradient from the Preset window and it will be your gradient choice in the gradient bar in the top menu.
8. Click on that gradient bar (top circle above) and you will get the Gradient Editor. Now edit the gradient to change the first and last color sliders to two colors from your tube. If you are unfamiliar with how to edit a gradient, please see my tutorial: Editing Gradients . Give it a name and click NEW.
9. Make sure that this created gradient is your gradient of choice in the top menu. Then draw the gradient from the TOP to the bottom.
10. In the top menu, click Select > Load Selection
11. In the Channel Drop-down menu, choose MosaicTwirl1. click ok
12. In the top menu, click Layer > New > Layer
13. Draw the gradient from BOTTOM to top.
14. In the top menu, click Filters > Distort > Twirl. Set Angle = 600
15. In the top menu, click Filters > Pixelate > Mosaic. Set the cell size = 8
16. In the top menu, click Select > Inverse.
17. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer to highlight it. Then right-click on the bottom layer and choose Blending Options. Click on the WORDS Bevel and Emboss. Apply these settings: Style= Inner Bevel, Technique = Smooth , Depth = 101%, Direction = Down, Size = 5, Soften = 0, Gloss Contour as show below, Highlight Mode = color Dodge, Shadow Mode = Hard Light.
18. In the Layer Palette, click on the top layer.
19. In the top menu, click Layer > New > Layer
20. In the top menu, click Select > Load Selection. Choose Mosaic Twirl 2.
21. In the Selection Draw the gradient from TOP to bottom.
22. In the top menu, click Layer > New > Layer
23. In the top menu, click Select > Load Selection. Choose MosaicTwirl4
24. Draw the gradient diagonally from TOP to bottom
25. In the Layer Palette, Right-click on the top layer and choose Duplicate Layer
26. In the top menu, click Edit > Transform > Flip Horizontal
27. In the top menu, click Edit > Transform > Flip Vertical
28. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the top layer and choose Blending Options. Click on the WORDS Bevel and Emboss and apply these settings: Style = Inner Bevel, Technique = Smooth, Depth = 100, Direction = Up, Size = 5, Soften = 5, Angle = 120, Gloss Contour as shown.
29. Right-click on the blending Options effect of the top layer and choose Copy Layer Style.
30. Right-click on the layer below the top one and choose Paste Layer Style
31. In the top menu, click Layer > New > Layer
32. In the top menu, click Select > Load Selection. Choose MosaicTwirl3.
33. In the top menu, click Select > Inverse.
34. In the top menu, draw the gradient from the top left corner to the bottom right corner
35. Click on the tube image. In the top menu, click Select > All. then click Edit > Copy.
36. Click on the twirl image. In the top menu, click Edit > Paste. With the mover tool move the tool into position.
37. In the top menu, click Layer > Merge Visible.
Add your name and watermark and
save as a jpeg!
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.