I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a tag using borders. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download and install Greg's Factory Output Vol. II > Pool Shadow Plugin.
1. Open the SparklingChampagneHoliday graphic in PSP.
2. SHIFT + D to duplicate. Close the original.
3. Image > Add Borders symmetric, size = 2, Color = black
4. Image > Add Borders CHECK OFF symmetric, size = 15 for top, left, and bottom, right = 35, color = white
5. Set the foreground to pattern and choose the gold pattern from the supply folder.
6. With the magic wand, select the white border. Flood-fill with the gold pattern.
7. Image > Add Borders Symmetric, size = 50, color = black
8. Choose the rectangle selection tool. Click on the Custom selection icon in the top menu.
9. Set top = 50, left = 0, right = 50, bottom = 422
10. Set the foreground to NYCelebrationStreamers2, angle = 90
11. Flood-fill the selection box with the pattern.
12. Change the pattern so that the Angle = 180
13. Click on the Custom Selection icon. Top = 0, left = 0, right = 604, bottom = 50
14. Flood-fill the selection with the pattern.
15. Change the pattern angle to 270.
16. Click on the Custom Selection icon. Top = 50, left = 554, right = 604, bottom = 422
17. Flood-fill the selection with the pattern.
18. Change the pattern angle to 0 degrees.
19. Click on the Custom Selection icon. Top = 422, left = 0, right = 604, bottom = 472
20. Flood-fill the selection with the pattern
21. Layers > New Raster Layer
22. Click on the Custom Selection icon. Top = 0, left= 540, right = 565, bottom = 472
23. Flood-fill the selection with black.
24. Selections > modify > Contract Selection Contract by 2 pixels.
25. Flood-fill with gold gradient.
26. Adjust > Add/remove Noise > Add noise. Gaussian, Noise = 50%, Monochrome
27. Effects > Plugins > Greg's Factory Output, Vol. II. Apply these settings: 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 50, 98, 57
28. Click on the Custom Selection Icon. Top = 0, left = 548, right = 558, bottom = 472
29. Flood-fill the selection with black.
30. Selection > Select None
31. Choose the raster deform tool. This will put a deformation box around the ribbon you just made. Grab the rotate handle and slightly rotate it to the right, just a little!
32. Then grab the center top node and pull upward to off the image, and grab the bottom center node and pull downward off the image. This way, you won't see the edges.
33. In the Layer Palette, right-click and choose Duplicate.
34. Image > Mirror
35. With the mover tool, move the ribbons into place so that they cross over the right border between gold and black (see sample image above).
36. Right-click on the top layer and choose Merge > Merge Down.
37. Open the gold-black bow from the supply folder. Image > Resize. Resize to 70%. Edit > Copy.
38. Click on champagne graphic. Edit > Paste as New layer. With mover tool, move the bow into position over the crossing of the ribbons.
40. Image > Add Borders Take CHECK OFF symmetric, Top & bottom = 15, left & right = 3, color = black
41. Image > Add Borders. Symmetric, size = 3, color = white
42. With the magic wand, select the white border. Then fill this selection with the gold pattern from the supply folder.
43. Add your watermark and text.
44. Save this as a JPEG: File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.