I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use plugins and layers. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open a new 300 x 300 transparent image in 16 million Colors.
2. Open the tube that you want to use. In top menu, click Edit > Copy. Then click on the new image to activate it and Click Edit > Paste as new selection.
3. If the tube needs to be resized, click Image > Resize and shrink the image. Then click Selections > None to deselect.
4. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
5. In the Layer Palette, click on the eye of the top layer to hide that layer, and click on the bottom layer to activate it.
6. In the top menu, click on Effects > Plugins > Toadies > Ommadawn Apply these settings: Cell width & height = 16, Cell sharp & Cell Edges = 0.
7. Grab the magic wand in the tool menu and set it to tolerance = 0. Click on the black line of the grid to select the grid.
8. In top menu click Selections > Modify > Expand by 1.
9. Then press the delete key on the keyboard.
10. In the top menu, click Selections > Select All. Then click Selections > Float . Then click Selections > Defloat.
11. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Flaming Pear > Super Blad Pro. Set Super Blade Pro to the M_coconutice.q5q preset.
12. In the top menu click Image > Canvas Size. Set width & height = 400.
13. In the top menu click on Effects > Plugins > Eye Candy 4000 > Motion Trail. apply these settings: Direction = 101, length = 69.70, taper = 40, Overall Opacity = 38, CHECK Smear Color from edges.
14. In the Layer Palette, UNhide the top layer and click on the top layer to make it active.
15. In the top menu, click on Image > Resize Resize to 80%. Make sure that Resize All Layers is UNchecked.
16. With the mover tool, move the top layer to bottom right side. See picture below.
17. Now grab the text tool and add your name somewhere. Keep your name selected.
18. While your name is selected, apply the same Motion Trail to your name that you did in Step 13
19. In the top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
To Make this save transparent:
20. In top menu, click Layers > add new raster Layer.
21. In the Layer Palette, drag this layer down below your tag.
22. Flood fill this layer with white.
23. In the Layer Palette, click on the top layer to activate it.
24. With the magic wand set to tolerance = 0, click on the outside of the tag.
25. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer to activate it.
26. On the keyboard, press delete.
27. In the top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
Now Save as a gif by clicking File > Export > Gif Optimizer, and following the boxes.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.