I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
You will need these plugins. Install them into your plugins folder:
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open up the tube that you wish to use. On the keyboard, press SHIFT + D to duplicate and close the original.
2. Right-click on the tube layer in the Layer Palette and choose New Raster Layer.
3. Flood-fill the new layer with white (or some pale color). Your sig tag must have a background since parts of it will be semi-transparent.
4. In the Layer Palette, left-click on the white background and drag that layer to the bottom.
5. Right-click on the tube layer (butterflies) and choose Duplicate. Duplicate once more so that you have 3 tube layers.
6. In the Layer Palette, Click on the eyes of the top two layers to HIDE those layers. Click on the bottom tube layer (butterflies) to highlight it.
7. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > VM Toolbox > Zoom Blur. Apply these settings: Amount = 39, adjust = 60. You may need to play around with the settings to find the settings that you like.
8. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity layer to 78-80%.
9. UNHIDE the next (middle) tube layer by clicking on the red X in the Layer Palette. Click on this middle tube layer to highlight it.
10. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Toadies > Ommadawn. Apply these settings: Cell width & height = 16, rest = 0.
11. Set the magic wand to tolerance = 5 or 10, and click on the black edge lines. You may need to hold the SHIFT key to get any "stranded" black edges.
12. In top menu, click Selections > Modify > Expand. Expand by 1.
13. Click on the delete key to delete the black edges.
14. In top menu, click Selections > Select All
15. In top menu, click Selections > Float
16. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Flaming Pear > Super Blade Pro. Click on the computer browse button (circled) and browse to the folder where you saved your SBP preset, and choose M_coconutice.q5q. Click ok
17. In the top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & Height = 1, Opacity = 40, Blur = 2, color = Black
18. In the Layer Palette, UNHIDE the top tube layer by clicking on the Red X. Click on the top tube layer to highlight it.
19. In top menu, click Image > Resize. Resize to wdith = 85%. MAKE sure that Resize All Layers is UNchecked.
20. In the top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = 3, Horizontal = 4, Opacity = 40, Blur = 10, color = black.
21. Slide the Opacity layer of the Ommadawn tube layer (2nd from top) to 80%, the 3rd layer should already be at 78-80%.
Add your watermark. Save this as a blank sig tag in psp format
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.