I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn about the deformation tool and layers. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
You will need these flower tubes to help decorate.
You will need to install the Ulead Art Texture plugin.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open up a new, transparent image, size = 500 x 500. We can resize later.
2. In the tool menu, choose the preset shape tool. You will need to click on the menu for the rectangle shape tool to find the preset shape too.
3. Set your foreground color to white (#FFFFFF), and your background color to the color of your choice for your heart. I chose a pink.
4. In the preset tool menu at the top, choose the heart shape. Check Anti-alias, UNCHECK Retain style & Create as a vector. Set width = 15.
5. Draw out a large heart.
6. With the magic wand select the white border of the heart.
7. In top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Ulead > Art Texture. Click on the Edit button on the bottom left. When the new screen comes up, click on Pattern #5, the gold one. Then click ok and it will take you back to the intro screen. Then click on one of the 6 gold patterns on the right. Click ok.
8. In the layer palette, right-click on the heart layer and choose New Raster Layer.
9. Flood-fill the selected area on the new layer with white.
10. In top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Ulead > Art Texture. Apply the same gold pattern as you did in #7.
11. In top menu, click Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = 1, Opacity = 100, Blur = 1, Color = Black or a darker shade of the color of your heart.
12. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom layer and apply the same drop shadow again.
13. In the Layer Palette, click on the top layer to highlight it.
14. Choose the Deformation Tool from the tool menu. Push in the left and right center node, to squeeze in the heart. Then you might have to push down on the top center node, and up on the bottom center node, to line up those corner points again. When satisfied, click on the mover tool.
15. Your basic heart frame is ready. Now it's time to decorate it with whatever you like. I added some flower tubes. First open up your tubes, click Edit > Copy. Then click back on the heart frame and click Edit > Paste > As New Layer. Do this for each tube you want to use.
16. In top menu, click Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
17. Save your image as a
GIF. File > Export > GIF Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.