I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to use layers. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a new, transparent image, size 500 x 500 pixels.
2. Choose the freehand selection tool, set to point to point. Draw a triangle selection by left-clicking the 3 points of the triangle. To close the selection, right-click after you have clicked the third point. The triangle should not be too large--maybe 100 pixels high.
3. Fill the selection with the pattern or color of your choice. (To get the pattern into PSP, go to the Materials Palette and change it to pattern. Choose your pattern there.)
4. Select > Inverse
5. Select > Modify > Expand Selection, Expand by 5 pixels
6. Effects > Distort > Ripple, Horizontal & Vertical = 5, Amplitude & Wavelength = 3, Transparent
7. Selection > None
8. Make a rectangle selection across the bottom of the triangle. Press the DELETE key on the keyboard. We want to remove the fringe from that side.
9. Choose the burn tool.
10. Apply the burn tool along the bottom of the triangle to darken it some, giving it a shadow.
11. Effects > Distort > Warp, Horizontal = - 35 (Negative), Vertical = 0, Size = 30, Strength = 74
12. Now shape the triangle. Use the Deform Raster Tool. Move the nodes around to shrink the triangle to make it look like it was peeled back.
This is what it should look like
13. In the Layer palette, right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate Layer
14. Make 7 layers.
15. Use the Deform Raster tool to move the triangle over and rotate it as necessary.
16. Arrangle all the triangles in a "circle"
17. Go back to each piece with the Deform too and change the size so that they are not all the same size.
18. Right-click on a layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible
19. Open a second texture. Edit > Copy
20. Click back on the triangle image. Edit > Paste as New Layer. Drag the paper layer to the bottom.
21. With the magic wand tool, click inside the triangle ring.
22. Select > Modify > Expand Selection, Expand by 3 pixels.
23. On the bottom layer, press the DELETE key on keyboard to make a hole in the texture.
24. Effects > 3D Effects > Cutout, Vertical & Horizontal = 0, Opacity = 100, Blur = 10
Select > Deselect
25. Open up a third texture pattern. Edit > copy
26. Click back on triangle image. Edit > Paste as New Layer. Move this layer down to the bottom. You should now see the third texture behind the hole.
27. Now decorate your tag by adding ribbons and other elements. See my finished tag at the top.
28. Save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.