Pumpkin Vase Bouquet
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to work with layers and tubes. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often! You will need some fall tubes: such as nuts, pine cones, leaves, sunflowers, cat tails, etc.
1. Open the Pumpkin tube in PSP. Delete the Background and watermark layers by right-clicking on those layers and choosing Delete.
2. Image > Canvas Size. Width & Height = 600, centered
3. With the magic wand, select the blank area outside the pumpkin.
4. Selections > Load/Save Selection > Save Selection to Alpha Channel
5. Selections > None.
6. Choose the lasso tool. Draw a selection around the top of the pumpkin.
7. Right-click on the layer and choose Promote Selection to Layer
8. You will need your raster deform tool. If it is not listed on your tool bar, you can make it appear there: Right-click anywhere on the background of psp (gray area in my pic). Choose Customize.
Click on tools in the left pane. Then scroll and find the Deform tool. Left-click and hold on the Deform tool, and drag it to your tool bar. Release it where you want it to be.
9. Now choose the Deform tool and use it to drag the top of the pumpkin down. Take the center handle and use it to rotate the pumpkin top so that it looks like it is leaning against the pumpkin.
10. Click on the bottom pumpkin layer to highlight it in the Layer Palette.
11. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = - 8, Horizontal = 0, opacity = 100, blur = 4, color = #dc8e3C, CHECK Shadow on new layer.
12. Selection > Load/Save Selection > Load Selection from Alpha Channel.
13. In Layer Palette, click on the SHADOW layer.
14. Press Delete key. This will delete any shadow that extending beyond the sides of the pumpkin.
15. Layers > New Raster Layer. Drag this layer BELOW the pumpkin and shadow layer.
16. Choose the tube tool, and click some layers of leaves, nuts, pinecones, etc under the pumpkin.
17. Then open some flower tubes. Edit > Copy. Then click back on the pumpkin tube, bottom layer (nuts, etc) highlighted. Edit > Paste As New Layer. Paste as many flowers that you need for an arrangement.
18. Since some of my tubes had shadows on them I had to put a background behind my tube. You can do this quickly if you want your background to be white: Layers > Merge > Merge All (Flatten).
If there is no shadow, you need to Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
19. Add whatever text you would like on your tag.
20. Now save this as a GIF. File > Export > GIF Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.