Radial Brushstroke Background
I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to create a background. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open up a tube or image that has a variety of colors in it.
2. Choose the Selection tool. Set it to square. Draw a square selection around the part of the image you want to use.
3. Image > Crop
4. Adjust > Blur > Radial Blur. Set to Zoom, Strength = 60%, Horizontal = 0, vertical offset = 10, protect center = 5%
5. Effects > Distortion Effects > Wave. Apply these settings: Amplitude = 4, and Wavelength = 10 for Horizontal and Vertical Displacement, Edge Node = repeat
6. Effects > Art Media Effects > Brush Strokes. Apply these settings: Softness = 50, Bristles = 160, Width = 5, Opacity = 25, Length = 10, Density = 25, Angle = 102, Color = #505050
7. Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling. Choose Edge, Bidirectional, Width = 50, Transition = 100.
8. Now save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.