I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a polka dot frame. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download these plugins:
1. Choose the ellipse shape tool. Set it to circle, Create on Vector, Width = 5.
2. Set foreground color = color from your tube, and background color = black.
3. New image, size = 500 x 500. Draw a large circle.
4. Right-click on the circle layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer
5. Set background color to a second color from your tube. Draw a second circle inside the first one. Do not center the circle.
6. Right-click on the circle vector layer and choose Convert to Raster. With the magic wand select the inner circle.
7. Effects > Plugins > MuRa's Seamless > Polkadot. Apply these settings: 0,0,0,255,164,16,16,128
8. Add your tube. On the tube: Edit > Copy. On the frame: Edit > Paste as New layer
9. Image > Resize. Resize to 120%, UNcheck Resize all layers
10. Selections > Invert
11. Press the delete key. This should delete any part of the tube that extends beyond the circle.
12. selection > none
13. Image > Canvas Size Set width & height = 800 pixels, set placement to upper center
14. Set background color back to black, foreground color is still the original border color. Choose rectangle shape tool and draw a rectangle box.
15. Right-click on the rectangle layer and choose Convert to Raster.
16. With magic wand, select the black rectangle. Effects > Plugins > Penta.com > Color Dot. Apply these settings: 255, 10, 255, 255, 255
17. Keep the same foreground color. Change the background color to your second color choice (inner circle). Use the rectangle shape to draw a rounded rectangle box that overlaps, like below. Grab one of the corner nodes and drag it inward to round off the corners.
18. With the magic wand, choose the inside of the box. Effects > Textures > Blinds. Width = 5, Opacity = 20 to 25, Color = black, Check horizontal, Check light from left/top. Selections > None
19. Choose the pen tool. Set it to connect point to point, width = 5. Set the foreground color to a light to medium gray, background color = NULL.
20. Draw a segment to connect the circles to the rectangles. Press the green check.
21. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical & Horizontal = 1, opacity = 100, blur = 1, color = black
22. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
23. Add your tube. On tube: Edit > Copy On frame: Edit > Paste as new layer. Resize the tube to fit your graphic. I used the deform tool to resize (drag in the corners)
24. Add a drop shadow: Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Vertical = 3, Horizontal = 4, Opacity = 75, blur = 10, color = black, CHECK Shadow on new layer
25. In the Layer Palette, click on the bottom merged layer. With the magic wand, select the empty space around the frame.
26. In the Layer Palette, click on the SHADOW layer. Press Delete. This will delete the part of the shadow that covers the empty space.
27. Decorate your frame with bows or other elements:
28. Save this as a GIF. File > export > GIF Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.