Scrappy Weave Frame
I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to make a woven frame out of scrap papers. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download the Scallop Mask. (Left-click to get a big picture, then choose SAVE Picture)
1. You will need to choose 3 color papers from any scrap kit that you want to use.
2. Open new, transparent image, size = 600 x 600.
3. Flood-fill this blank image with one of the scrap papers.
4. Open up the Scallop Mask image. Layers > New Mask Layer > From Image.
5. Right-click on the top layer and choose Merge > Merge Group.
6. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel Apply: pie shape bevel, width = 4, smoothness = 0, depth = 3, ambience = 0, shininess = 0, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30.
Put this frame aside.
7. Open new, transparent image, size = 600 x 600. Flood-fill this image with the SECOND scrap paper of your choice.
8. Repeat Steps 4 - 6 to create the frame.
9. Open new, transparent image, size = 600 x 600. Flood-fill this image with THIRD scrap paper.
10. Image > Canvas Size Set Width = 800 x 800, Placement = CENTER
11. Effects > Distortion > Wave Apply: Amplitude = 1, Wavelength = 15, Amplitude = 1, Wavelength = 15, Repeat.
12. Image > Free Rotate Apply: Right, Free = 10.
13. For first Frame: Edit > Copy, and click onto the wave image: Edit > Paste As New Layer.
Should look like this at first.
14. Repeat Step 13 for the second frame. It'll paste on top of the other
15. Image > Free Rotate. Apply: Right, Free = 45
16. Now your image looks like this
17. In the Layer Palette, click on the MIDDLE layer.
Selections > Select All. Selections > Float . Selections > Defloat. There will be a selection around the middle frame, and your Layer Palette will show only 3 layers.
18. Choose the eraser tool
19. Set the eraser tool to Size = 30, hardness = 100. Step = 10, density = 100, thickness = 100
20. In the Layer Palette, click on the TOP layer.
21. You will now erase parts of the frame to make it look like the lower frame is weaved in and out of the top frame. To do this, erase the top frame where it crosses the lower frame in each circle for the screenshot.
22. Right-click on the top frame and choose Merge > Merge Down
23. Open up the tube or element that you wish to use as the centerpiece. Edit > Copy.
24. Click back on the frame image. Edit > Paste as New Layer.
25. Copy & paste buttons or other decorative elements (bows) at the Intersections of the frame on the left and right side.
26. Right-click on the top element/mask and choose Merge > Merge Down.
27. Continue Merging Down until all mask/elements/bows are merged to one layer.
28. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply: Vertical = 3, Horizontal = 4, Opacity = 65, Blur = 10, Color = black, Shadow on New layer. Do this for the Tube layer.
29. Repeat the Drop Shadow on the elements layer.
30. I added a bow to the top and bottom of the tag.
31. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
32. Save this as a GIF. File > Export > GIF Optimizer
Here's another example of a tag:
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.