I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for upper beginners to learn how to use plugins. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
I also used Alien Skin's Xenofex 2.0 plugin. You can try Xenofex 1.0 plugin but the Shatter plugin in ver. 1.0 does not give the spread like in 2.0.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open up the tube that you want to use in your tag. Press Shift + D to duplicate the tube. Close the original.
2. In the top menu,
click Image > Canvas Size. Set the width & Height = 500 and center the
3. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the layer and choose duplicate.
4. Click on the bottom layer to select it.
5. In the top menu, click on Effects > Plugins > Alien Skin > Xenofex 2 >Shatter. Apply these settings: Piece Size = 18.8, thickness = 10, tumble = 97, time = 25, shadow opacity = 0, shadow blur width = 3, make selection transparent, random seed = 7706
6. In the layer palette, click on the top layer to select it.
7. In the to menu, click Image > Resize. Set to percent and set width & height to 80%. Make sure that resize all layers is UNchecked.
8. In the layer palette, click on the bottom layer to select it.
9. In the side tool menu, click on the deformation tool. A selection box will appear around that layer.
10. Left-click on the top center handle, and slide the deformation box down so that the shattered pieces are the same height as the tube. See picture below, and compare to the one above.
11. In the layer palette, click on the top layer to select it.
12. Choose the text tool and choose your foreground color to compliment your tag. I chose the font Bloody in red with size = 72.
13. While the text is still selected, in the top menu, click on Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel and apply these settings: Bevel = pie shape, width = 14, smoothness = 15, depth = 12, ambience = 0, shininess = 50, angle = 315, intensity = 25, elevation = 30.
14. While still selected, in top menu click on Effects > Plugins > Alien Skin > Xenofex 2 > Shatter. And apply these settings: Piece size = 28.8, thickness = 3, tumble = 7, time = 45, shadow opacity = 0, shadow blur Width = 3.
15. In top layer, click Selections > None. Then Layers > Merge > Merge Visible. Resize if necessary and export as a gif!
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.