I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create a plaid tile-able background. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download these plugins, and install:
1. Open up a photograph that you want to use. SHIFT + D to duplicate. Close the original.
2. Choose the selection tool and set it to square selection type. Draw a square selection around the part of the photograph that you want to use.
3. Image > Crop to Selection
4. Image > Resize Resize to 200 PIXELS
5. Effects > Plugins > DSB Flux > Tiler Apply these settings: Width = 20, Height = 75, x offset = 0, y offset = 100.
6. Effects > Plugins > Simple > Diamonds (automatically applies)
7. Effects > Plugins > Simple > 4 Way Average
8. Now save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer.
You can use this as a background for a web page or for stationary (background for an email). You will use it in the email that you send to me.
Here are the instructions for Outlook Express:
Click on New Mail, Create Mail
In the new mail window, click on Format > Background > Picture
Browse to where you stored your background and choose it.
When you click ok, it becomes the background of your email. Depending on the colors, you may need to change the color of your font. I changed mine to white. Click on the Font color icon (red arrow) and choose the color that will work best with your background.
Note: Also attach your background to your email.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.