I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to create an animated skater. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download the supplies.
1. Open up a new, transparent image: size = 500 x 400.
2. Choose a silver or pale blue gradient. Set linear, Angle = 135, Repeats = 0
3. Us the lasso tool set to freehand and draw a selection along the bottom half of the image.
4. Flood-fill this selection with the gradient.
5. Selection > Invert. Flood-fill this selection with white.
6. With the lasso tool, draw a selection at the top to create a sky. Flood-fill this with a grey-blue.
7. Now decorate the background. The supplies zip includes a tree to use, but you can put whatever in the background. Just don't place anything on your ice rink. Be sure to add these decorations on separate layers!!!! Edit > Copy the decoration, then Edit > Paste as New layer on the ice rink image.
8. In the layer Palette, HIDE the bottom layer. Right-click on one of the tree layers and choose Merge >Merge Visible
9. Right-click on the merged tree layer and choose Duplicate
10. Image > Flip
11. Slide the opacity of this layer to 16. These will be the reflections in the ice. With the mover tool, move the "reflections" so that they are over the ice.
12. UNHIDE all layers and Right-click on the top layer. Choose Merge > Merge Visible.
13. Open the Skater tube of your choice. It must be resized. Image > Resize 60%
14. Edit > Copy the skater. Then on the skating rink Edit > Paste as a New Layer. With the mover tool, place the skater in the lower right corner.
15. Right-click on Skater layer and choose Duplicate.
16. With the mover tool, move the new skater to the middle of the image.
17. Right-click on the top skater layer and choose Duplicate. Move this skater into the lower left corner.
18. Right-click on the top skater layer and choose Duplicate.
19. Image > Resize, 85% Be sure Resize All Layers is UNchecked.
20. Image > Mirror
21. With the mover tool move the skater into position in the background.
22. Right-click on the top layer and choose Duplicate. Move the skater over to the middle.
23. Right-click on the top layer and choose Duplicate. Move the skater over to the right side.
24. Right-click on the bottom background layer and choose Duplicate. Duplicate again until you have 6 copies of the background
25. Rearrange the layers by dragging the background layers upward. You want layers to alternate, with the skater on top, then a background, then another skater, then background... With background on bottom.
26. Right-click on a skater and choose Merge > Merge Down. Repeat this step for ALL skater layers. You should have 6 merged layers when done.
27. Save this as a psp file. For versions of PSP higher than XI, save this as a PSP Animation Shop file
28. Open the file in Animation Shop.
29. Animation > Resize. Change width = 400.
30. Edit > Select All
31. Right-click on any frame and choose frame properties. Set the display time to 20.
32. Now save this as a GIF. File > Save As.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.