I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to create a tag from a template and layers. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open up the Snowflake Frame Template. SHIFT+D to duplicate. close the original.
2. Image > Canvas Size. Change the canvas size to width = 550, height = 475.
3. Layers > New Raster Layer. Drag this layer to the BOTTOM.
4. Open the Snowflake pattern. It's blue. You may want a different color. If so, Adjustments > Hue/Saturation > Colorize. Change the Hue and Saturation to get what color you want. My settings are below.
5. In the Material Properties Palette, set the foreground to pattern and choose the snowflake pattern that you just colorized, Angle = 0, Scale = 100.
6. Flood-fill the bottom layer with the pattern.
7. On the top layer, with the magic wand, click inside the frame. Selection > Modify > Expand. expand Selection by 3 pixels.
8. In the Layer Palette, click back on the bottom layer and press the DELETE key.
9. Open the bow tube.
10. Colorize the tube to match the pattern you use. Adjustments > Hue/Saturation > Colorize, using the same settings.
11. Image > Resize. Resize to 50%
12. Edit > Copy. Click back on frame layer. Edit > Paste as New Layer. Bring the bow layer to the top.
13. Image > Free Rotate. Rotate Left, 45 degrees.
14. Drag the bow into position in the top left corner.
15. Right-click on the bow layer and choose Duplicate.
16. Image > Mirror
17. Right-click on the top bow layer and choose Merge > Merge Down.
18. Right-click on the Merged bow layer and choose Duplicate.
19. Image > Flip.
20. Right-click on the top bow layer and choose Merge > merge Down.
21. Layers > New Raster Layer.
22. Flood-fill the layer with white. Select > All. Selections > Modify > Contract. Contract Selection by 3. Press the Delete Key.
23. Layers > merge > Merge Visible.
24. Save this as a frame tube to use later on: File > Save As pspimage.
25. Now add an image into your frame! Layers > new Raster Layer. Drag the new layer to the BOTTOM.
26. Select > All. Selections > Modify > Contract. Contract Selection by 45 pixels.
27. Open the image/photo that you wish to use. Edit > Copy.
28. Click back on the frame image. Edit > Paste Into.
29. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
30. Save this as a JPEG. File > Export > JPEG Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.