I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use some plugins. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
You will need to download these filters and install into your plugins folder:
VM Natural Starmaker, part of the Visman Filters.
Flaming Pear Solidify, part of the free goodies collection.
1. Open up the tube that you wish to use. Press Shift +D to duplicate. Close the original. If necessary resize the image so that it is no bigger than 400 pixels. Image > Resize
2. In the Layer Palette, right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate.
2. Duplicate once more so that you have 3 copies of the tube layer.
3. Now click on the eyes of the top 2 layers to HIDE those layers. Click on the bottom layer to highlight it. We will work from the bottom up.
4. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Flaming Pear > Solidify B It automatically applies.
5. Click on the eye of the middle layer to UNhide that layer. Click on the middle layer to highlight it.
6. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugin > Toadies > Ommadawn. Apply these settings: Cell width & height = 20, the others 0.
7. With the magic wand set to tolerance = 0, click on the black line to select them.
8. In the top menu, click Selection > Modify > Expand. Expand by one pixel.
9. Press the Delete key on the keyboard.
10. In the top menu, click Selections > All. Selections > Float.
11. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Flaming Pear > Superbladepro. Apply the M_coconutice preset.
12. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity slider to 76% for the middle layer.
13. Right-click on the middle layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible
14. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > VM Natural > Starmaker. Apply these settings: 120, 127, 110, 49, 141, 42, 22, 91. You may need to adjust the first two settings depending on the size of your tube.
15. Now click on the eye of the top layer to UNhide the top layer., and click on the top layer to highlight it.
16. In the top menu, click Image > Resize. Resize to 85 %. Be SURe that Resize all layers is UNchecked.
17. Slide the opacity of the top layer to 80%
18. Right-click on the top layer and choose Add New Raster Layer.
19. Flood-fill the new layer with the gradient or color of your choice.
20. In the top menu, click Selections > All. Selections > Modify > Contract. Contract by 4.
21. In the top menu, click Selections > Invert.
22. In the top menu, click Effects > Plugins > Flaming Pear > SuperBladePro. Apply the M_coconutice preset again.
23. Merge all the layers (Layers > Merge > Merge Flatten) and save as a JPEG.
This one was made by a friend, Johanne:
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.