I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for upper b eginners to learn how to use plugins and animation shop. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
I also used VM Natural > Sparkle Plugin.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Before we begin, you might want to study the PSP tool bars. I have labeled the tools on another page. Click on the link and it will open a new page. You may want to keep this page open while you work on the tutorial, to refer to the names now and then. PSP Tools
Now that you have studied the tools, let's begin!
1. Open a 300 X 300 new image with transparent background.
In the Material Palette, make the background to your favorite color or
gradient. I used a Duotone Green set at Angle = 30, and Repeats = 5.
3. In the Material Palette, make the foreground color to a dark color that compliments the background color or gradient that you chose. I used a dark gren.
4. From the side tool menu, choose the text tool. Set it to a fat font. I chose McKloud Shadow, and type out your name. Keep it selected.
5. In the top menu, click Selections > Defloat.
6. Right-click on the name layer in the Layer Palette, and choose Duplicate. Duplicate the layer once more. You want to have 3 copies of your name. Keep your name selected.
7. In the Layer Palette, click on the eye of the top two layers to hide those layers. Then click on the bottom layer so that it is active. Keep your name selected.
8. Now to add some sparkle! In the top menu, click on Effects > Plugins > VM Natural > Sparkle. Apply these settings: Max. Size = 10, Red & Green = 253, Blue = 255, Rnd Color = 255, Random Seed = 142
9. In the Layer Palette, click on the second layer to make it active, and click on the eye to UNhide the second layer.
10. In the top menu, click on Effects > Plugins > VM Natural > Sparkle. Apply these settings: Max. Size = 10, Red & Green = 253, Blue = 255, Rnd Color = 255, Random Seed = 15
11. In the Layer Palette, click on the top layer to make it active, and click on the eye to UNhide the top layer.
12. In the top menu, click on Effects > Plugins > VM Natural > Sparkle. Apply these settings: Max. Size = 10, Red & Green = 253, Blue = 255, Rnd Color = 255, Random Seed = 209
13. Grab the selection tool from the left tool menu, and set to rectangular selection. Draw a rectangle selection around your name as close as possible.
14. In the top menu, click Image > Crop to Selection.
15. Make sure that all layers are unhidden and save this as a psp file.
16. Open up Animation Shop by clicking File > Jasc Software Products > Launch Animation Shop
16. Open up the name file you just saved, and you should see all three layers as frames.
17. In top menu of AS, click Edit > Select All
18. Right-click on one of the frames, and choose Frame Properties
19. Change the display time to 15
20. If you want to see what your animation looks like, right-click on one of the frames and choose View Animation. If it's not sparkling fast enough, change the display time to a smaller number. If it's not sparkling slow enough, change the display time to a larger number.
21. Close the animation.
22. Then save the animation by clicking on File > Save As, and follow the
prompts of the boxes by clicking Next.
© Dragon's Breath (aka The Dragon Demoness ), 2001-2004. Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.