I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial is intended for a beginner to learn about making animated text. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
To do this tutorial you will also need Photoshop CS or CS2. You may download a free trial at Adobe.
Remember to save as a .psd file often!
1. Open a new, transparent image, any size.
2. Choose your text tool and type your text in any font, any color, any size.
3. Right-click on the layer and choose Duplicate Layer.
4. Repeat Step 3 until you have 4 layers altogether of text. Then in the Layer Palette, click on the first copy layer (second from bottom) to highlight it.
5. In the text tool bar at the top, choose the icon for Create Warped Text.
6. Set Style = Flag, Horizontal, Bend = +50, H & V = 0
7. In the Layer Palette, highlight the layer above that one. Then click on the Create Warp Text icon. Set Style = Flag, Horizontal, Bend = - 40 , H & V = 0.
8. In the Layer Palette, highlight the layer on top. Then click on the Create Warp Text icon. Set Style = Flag, Horizontal, Bend = - 22 , H = +14, Vertical = - 33.
9. Image > Trim, Transparent pixels
10. Save the image as a PSD. File > Save As
11. Open the PSD file in Image Ready.
12. In the animation window, click on the Menu arrow and choose Make Frames From Layers
13. Hold the CTRL button down and click on all frames. Next to the 0 sec is a menu arrow, click on that and choose 0.2 secs. You have set the time display for all frames to 0.2 secs.
Now save as a GIF: File > Save Optimized As
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.