Text Path Tag
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use text paths. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
You will need a rose tube, where the rose is open.
1. Open rose tube. Press SHIFT + D to duplicate. Close the original.
2. Choose the pen tool, In pen toolbar at top, set to freehand (see icon by tracking). Width = 4. Set foreground to a dark color. Set background to NULL.
3. Carefully start from inside of the spiral of your rose, and trace the spiral with your pen.
4. Choose the text tool, set the background color to whatever color of your choice, and foreground color to NULL. Set font to Floating, choose whatever Font. A nice script font will do. Size = 14. Stroke = 1, Alignment = Left (very important!)
5. Hover mouse over the beginning of your trace line (see pink arrow) until the cursor turns to an A. Click and type your text.
6. Right-click on the floating Selection, and choose Promote Selection to Layer.
7. Selections > Select None
8. Set Font size = 18. Click at the end of your text, and type the same text again.
9. Repeat Steps 6 & 7
10. Set Font size = 22. Click at the end of your text, and type the same text again.
11. Repeat Steps 6 & 7
12. Set Font size = 26. Click at the end of your text, and type the same text again.
13. Repeat Steps 6 & 7
Your pic should look like this. You may have to do another text, or adjust the sizes so that your text ends at the end of your pen spiral.
14. Right-click on the spiral vector layer. Choose Delete.
15. In Layer Palette, right- click on one layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
16. In the Layer Palette, slide the Opacity to 60%
17. Right-click on the Merged layer and choose Duplicate.
18. In the Layer Palette, slide the Opacity of the Copy of Merged Layer to 100%
19. Choose the Selection tool, set to rectangle. Draw a rectangle selection around one part of your text.
20. In the top menu, click Selections > Invert
21. On the keyboard, press delete.
22. Selections > Select None
23. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
24. Save as a GIF or add a background and Save as a JPEG.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.