|Make a textured tile.
1. Choose a border color. I chose to use the color #0000C0. Make this color your foreground color.
2. Open a new file: 400 x 400, resolution= 72,000, transparent background, 16.7 million colors.
3. Click on the left tool bar and choose the flood fill tool (paint can), and flood-fill the new file with your color choice by left-clicking.
4. Now add some texture to your tile. In the top tool bar, click on Effects–Texture Effects–Texture. Choose a texture. I chose gravel (#2 of the texture presets). If you hover your mouse over the choices the file name will show. Apply these settings: size=62, smoothness=0, depth = 1, ambience=0, shininess=0, color = white, angle= 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30.
5. In top tool bar, click Image–rotate. Mark the dot by left and free, and type in 50 in the box. Click ok.
6. In the left tool bar, double-click on the selection tool. The select area box comes up. Type in these settings: left = 150, right=250, top =150, bottom = 150
7. Click Selections–Convert to a seamless pattern. A 100x100
tile will open up. Click file–Save as and save this tile as
a .jpg. You may close the large tile without saving.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.