Thinking of You Tag
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use psp filters. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open a new, transparent file, size = 450 x 350
2. Flood-fill the background with a medium color.
3. Open up a face tube. You want a face tube that shows the face from the front. It is ok if the face tube shows the whole face. Resize the face tube so that it has at least a height of 350, and a width of 250. Image > Resize.
4. Image > Grey Scale. Image > Increase Color Depth > 16 bits
5. Edit > Copy. Then click on background image and Edit > Paste As New Layer. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity to about 70 - 75 %
6. Choose the rectangular selection tool and click on the Custom Selection icon in the selection box tool bar (at the top). Set Top = 0, left = 240, right = 450, bottom = 350
7. Layers > New Layer
8. Flood-fill the selection with the same medium color.
9. Effects > 3D Effects > Texture > Blinds. Apply these settings: Width = 18, Opacity = 84, Color= black or a darker version of the medium color, Horizontal UNCHECKED.
10. Choose the selection tool, and click on the Custom Selection icon. Top = 0, Left = 320, Right = 420, Bottom = 350.
11. Flood-fill the selection box with the same medium color.
12. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 5 pixels
13. Flood-fill the selection box with a lighter version of the medium color.
14. Effects > 3D Effects > Texture > Blinds. Apply: Width = 4, Opacity = 84, Color = same as before, Horizontal UNCHECKED
15. Layer > New Raster Layer.
16. Change the selection tool to Rounded Rectangle. Draw a Selection box as below. Flood-fill this box with the medium color used in the background
17. Selection > Modify > Contract Selection. Contract by 5 pixels.
18. Press the Delete key. Selection > None
19. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply these settings: Pie Bevel, width = 14, smoothness = 15, depth = 12, ambience = 0, shininess = 50, angle = 315, intensity = 30, elevation = 30, color = white.
20. It should look like this. With the magic wand select the inside of that border.
21. Layers > New Raster Layer.
22. Flood-fill the selection with the light color from Step #13.
23. Effects > 3D Effects > Texture > Blinds. Apply: Width = 4, Opacity = 84, Color= same as before, HORIZONTAL CHECKED
24. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity to 63%
25. Choose the text tool. Set your own font (I used Miss Lankfurt), size, and color. Type in your phrase.
26. (Optional) Open up a rose tube. Resize the tube to about 40%. Image > Resize
27. (Optional) If the rose tube stands straight up, rotate the tube. Image > Free Rotate. Check Left, 90Degrees.
28. (Optional) Edit > Copy. Then click back on the Thinking image. Edit > Paste as New Layer. Move the rose into position.
29. Layers > New Raster Layer
30. Flood-fill this layer with Gold gradient.
31. Select > All. Select > Modify > Contract Selections. Contract by 6 pixels. Press Delete key.
32. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. V&H = 1, Opacity = 100, Blur = 1, Color = same dark color as in blinds.
33. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. V&H= - 1, the rest of the settings= same
34. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
35. Add your name if you like.
36. Save this tag as a JPEG file. File > Save As.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.