I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to animate twinkles, using plugins. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download and Install the Xero > Sparkles plugin (Download the 40 plugin one)
1. Open a jpeg image or a tube image that you wish to add the twinkles to.
2. Right-click on the layer in the Layer Palette and choose Duplicate. Duplicate again so that you have 3 layers.
3. Choose the freehand lasso tool. Set to Feather = 1, Smoothing = 2, check Anti-alias
4. Draw a selection around the part of the image that you want twinkles to appear in. Right-click to close the selection.
5. Effects > Plugins > Xero > Sparkles. Set sparkle style = Stars_1, Uniform, Set density = 46, Maximum = 1000, vary brightness = 10, vary color = 91 - 100
6. In the Layer Palette, click on the next layer.
7. Effects > Plugins > Xero > Sparkles. Change the Maximum to about 600.
8. In the Layer Palette, click on the next layer.
9. Effects > Plugins > Xero > Sparkles. Change the Maximum to about 775.
10. The twinkling affect can also be achieved with the Alien Skin Xenofex 2 Constellation. Here are the settings I used to do the middle tree. This plugin does not do color twinkles.
Apply this plugin to each layer on the selected area, but click on Random Seed to change the number each time. (to replace Steps 7 & 9)
11. Save this as a PSPimage. File > Save As
12. Open up the saved image in Animation Shop.
13. File > Select All.
14. Right-click on the frame and choose Frame Properties. Set it to 15 - 20.
15. Save this as a GIF. File > Save As
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.