I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial is intended for a beginner to learn about using alpha channel selections. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
To do this tutorial you will also need Photoshop CS or CS2. You may download a free trial at Adobe.
Remember to save as a .psd file often!
1. Open the template in Photoshop. Image > Duplicate. Close the original.
Before filling each alpha selection, be sure to create a new layer!
2. Layer > New > Layer
3. Select > Load Selection
4. Choose the first selection: 01_VBearRDB_Ears
5. Edit > Fill with a brown color for your bear.
6. Select > Deselect
7. Filter > Eye Candy 4000 > Jiggle. Apply these settings: Brownian Motion, Bubble size = 3.72, warp amount = 4.66, twist = 86, random seed = 897
8. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 for selection 02_VBearRDB_IEar. Use a lighter fur color to fill this selection.
9. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 for selection 03_VBearRDB_Head. Use a dark fur color to fill this selection.
10. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 for selection 04_VBearRDB_Face. Use a lighter fur color to fill this selection.
11. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 for selection 05_VBearRDB_Legs. Use a dark fur color to fill this selection.
12. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 for selection 06_VBearRDB_Pads. Use a lighter fur color to fill this selection.
13. Repeat Steps 2-6 for selection 07_VBearRDB_Heart. Edit > Fill with a pink or red color.
14. Repeat Steps 2 - 7 for selection -8+VBearRDB_Paws. Edit > Fill with the lighter color.
15. Layer > New > Layer
16. With the Marquee tool set to ellipse, draw an elliptical selection for the nose, and Edit > Fill with black.
17. Set the Ellipse selection tool to Fixed Aspect Ratio. So you can draw a circle!
18. Draw a circle for eyes. Edit > Fill with black
19. Right-click on this layer in the Layer Palette and choose Duplicate layer.
20. Click on Layer 8. Layer > New > Layer. With the paintbrush set to size = 3, and color = black, draw in the mouth for the bear.
21. Choose the paintbrush tool. Click on the Brushes Palette Tab (If you can't see it in the upper right corner of the screen, click on Palette > Brushes. Click on the WORD Brush Tip shape. Click on #1 brush tip. Diameter = 595, Angle = 0 degrees, Hardness = 0%, Spacing = 910%
22. Set the foreground color to white or red and LEFT click on the heart only once. This will give the speckled effect.
23. then I applied a glass effect. Filter > Eye Candy 4000 > Glass.
24. Layers > Merge
25. Save this as a GIF. File > Save As
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.