Scrolling Video Clip
I wrote this tutorial on my own. Any similarity to another tutorial is purely coincidental. I claim the copyright to my tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for beginners to learn how to use animation. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open the image file you wish to use. Press SHIFT +D and duplicate. Close the original.
2. Image > Resize. Resize Width = 100 pixels. (If you want to make it larger, use a number that you can divide by 10 evenly)
3. Adjust > Sharpness > Sharpen
4. Layers > Promote Background Layer
5. Effects > Image Effects > Seamless Tiling Apply these settings: Tiling method = Edge, Direction = Horizontal, Width = 51%, Transition = 50%
6. Right-click on layer and choose Duplicate.
7. Effects > Image Effects > Offset Apply these settings: Horizontal Offset = 10, Vertical Offset = 0, Edge mode = Wrap.
8. REPEAT steps 6 & 7 until you have completed 10 layers, counting the original layer (10 because 100 divided by 10 is 10. If you made your picture width a different size, then divide your width by 10, and the result will be how many layers you must have and repeat Steps 6 & 7 that many times.
9. Save the image as a PSP file. (In versions PSP 8 - 10, when you save, click on the options button and put the tick mark on UNCOMPRESSED) File > Save As
10. Open up the file in ANIMATION SHOP.
11. Edit > Select All
12. Right-click on one of the frames and set the Frame Properties to 20 or 30 (bigger number is slower)
13. Save this file as a GIF. File > Save As...
If you would like to create a Panning Video Clip
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.