Wall of Cylinders
I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to create the tag above. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
Download & install Plugin: Mura's Seamless > Stripe of Cylinders (in set D)
1. Open a new, transparent image, size 400 x 350.
2. Flood-fill the image with a gradient to match the tube you want to use.
3. Open up the tube that you want to use. Edit > Copy
4. Click back on your background. Edit > Paste as a new layer.
5. If the tube is not already too large, we will resize it so that it takes up the image: Image > Resize. Set size = 125 PERCENT and be sure to UNcheck the Resize all layers back. This will enlarge the tube.
6. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity down to about 50%. Now click on the BOTTOM (background) layer
7. Selections > Select All
8. Image > Crop to Selection (This will delete the part of the tube that enlarged beyond the edges of the background).
9. Right-click on the layer and choose Merge > Merge Visible.
10. Effects > Plugins > Mura's Seamless > Stripe of Cylinder. Apply these settings: 0,0,0, 255, 0, 255, 255, 64
11. Image > Add Borders. Set color to a medium color from your tube. UNcheck Symmetric, top = 25, left = 0, right = 75, bottom = 25.
12. Open your tube again. Image > Resize. Resize to height = 300 PIXELS. Edit > Copy
13. Click on background picture. Edit > Paste as New Layer. With the mover tool, move the tube into position to one side of the image.
14. In the Layer Palette, click on bottom layer to highlight it.
15. With the magic wand, select the border.
16. Effects > 3D Effects > Inner Bevel. Apply these settings: Bevel = pie, width = 8, smoothness = 25, depth = 5, ambience = 0, shininess = 0, color = white, angle = 315, intensity = 50, elevation = 30.
17. Selections > Select None
18. Image > Add Borders. Color = black, UNcheck symmetric, Top = 5, left = 2, right = 5, bottom = 5
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.