I claim the copyright to this tutorial. You are free to do whatever you please with what you make, but please do not take my tutorial. Do not send the tutorial through email. Only share my link.
This tutorial was created for some friends of mine who wanted to begin learning more about PSP. It is intended for intermediates to learn how to use preset shapes and to shade. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Open the tube that you wish to use. Hold the SHIFT key and press D to duplicate it. close the original.
2. In the top menu, click Image > Canvas Size. Set the width & height = 500 pixels.
3. Right-click on the tube layer and choose New Raster Layer. Call this layer BACKGROUND and flood-fill it with White. Drag this layer to the bottom. Your background will have to have a color in it since we will be using some partial transparent layers in this tag.. I chose white. You can choose any pale color.
4. Right-click on the tube layer and choose Duplicate.
5. Duplicate once more so that you end up with 3 tube layers. In the Layer Palette, click on the eyes of the top two tube layers to HIDE them and click on the third (bottom) tube layer to highlight it.
6. In the top menu, click Adjust > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Set the Radius = 25
7. In the Layer Palette, slide the opacity layer for this tube layer to 80%.
8. In the Layer Palette, click on the middle tube layer to UNHIDE and highlight it.
9. In the top menu, click Image > Resize. Resize the width to 88%. Be sure that Resize All Layers is UNchecked.
10. In the top menu, click Effects > Art Media Effects > Brush Strokes. Apply these settings: Softness = 70, bristles = 40, width = 1, opacity = 75, length = 10, density = 25, angle = 102, color = white.
11. In the Layer Palette, click on the top tube layer to highlight it.
12. In the top menu, click Image > Resize. Resize to 80%. Be sure Resize All Layers is UNchecked.
13. In the top menu, click Adjust > Sharpness > Sharpen.
Note: If you plan on using this to make a webset or stationary. Save this image in psp format with all the layers still available and in original size!
14. Resize your tag. In top menu, click Image > Resize . set to pixels and set the width = 300 (or height if your graphic is tall). Be sure that Resize all Layers is CHECKED.
15. Use the text tool to add your name. Then save this as a Jpeg. File > Save As
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.