I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to use animation. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Before opening PSP: Open up the Broad font and minimize it to the task bar.
2. In PSP, open a new, transparent image, size = 500 x 300. Choose the text tool
3. Set the Font = Broad, size = 36 points, center justification, sharp, stroke = 3, create as Vector
4. Set the foreground color = black, and background color = white.
5. Type your name.
6. Right-click on name layer and choose Convert to Raster Layer
7. With the magic wand, hold the SHIFT key down, and select the white in each letter.
8. Open the black web tube from the supply zip.
9. In the material Palette, choose the pattern mode
10. In the Pattern Properties box, choose the Black Web pattern. Set Angle = 0, Scale = 100
11. Choose the Paint can/Flood Fill tool
12. At the top, set the match mode = none
13. Layers > New Raster Layer
14. Left-click with the paint can on the selected area. The white will fill with spider webs.
15. Selections > Select None
16. Effects > 3D Effects > Drop Shadow. Apply these settings: Vertical = 2, horizontal = 1, opacity = 75, blur = 2, color = black
17. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible
18. Open up the spider tube from the supply zip.
19. Image > Resize. Set the pixel dimensions to 50 Percent
20. Edit > Copy
21. Click back on your name image. Edit > Paste as New Layer.
22. Image > Free Rotate. Direction = Right, degree = 90. UNCHECK both boxes on the bottom.
23. Using the mover tool, place the spider at the bottom left corner of your name.
24. Choose the rectangle selection tool and select the last icon for Create selection from. This will put a selection box that is tight around your name & spider.
25. Image > Crop to Selection to get rid of extra blank space.
26. Right-click on the spider layer and choose Duplicate.
27. Right-click on the name layer and choose duplicate.
28. Drag the duplicate name layer up one layer to between the two spider layers.
29. Right-click on the lowest spider layer and choose Merge > Merge Down
30. HIDE the merge layer by clicking on the eye.
31. Click on the top layer (spider layer). Effects > Image Effects > Offset. Set Horizontal = 70 to 75, and Vertical offset = 0, edge mode = transparent
32. Repeat Steps 26 - 31, until your spider has moved across to the right corner.
33. UNHIDE all layers by clicking on the eyes.
34. Now save this with layers as is, save it as a Psp image. ( In the save box, click on save options and choose LZZ compression, and change it to psp 7 compatible)
35. Open your file in Animation Shop.
36. Click on the first frame. Right-click on the frame and choose frame Properties. Set the time display to 100.
37. The other frames were automatically set to 10 (a smaller number makes them move faster). If you want to slow your spider down, you can change these frame properties to say 15 or 20.
38. Now you're ready to save. File > Save As.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.