I own the intellectual copyright for the written tutorial. What you make is yours, but please do not take my tutorial. Share only my link.
This tutorial is intended for beginners to learn how to add tubes to a picture. If you have any questions, please feel free to Email me.
Remember to save as a psp file often!
1. Download supplies. These are all tubes created by me. unzip the tubes into a folder of your choice.
2. Open the log tube. Image > Resize width = 400 pixels.
3. Image > Rotate > Left
4. Choose the Raster Deform Tool
5. Left-click on the top left node AND hold the CTRL key down. Drag that node down a little bit to make the left side same height as right side. If you want a thinner log, drag the center node downward.
6. Open the candle of your choice. Image > REsize > height = 75 pixels. Edit > Copy
7. click back on log image. Edit > Paste as New Layer. With the mover tool, move the candle into position on the end of the log.
8. Right-click on the candle layer and choose Duplicate. Duplicate twice to have 3 candles.
9. With the mover tool, move the candles into position. This is what you should have.
10. Now decorate your log. Some tubes were supplied in the supply zip, but you may use your own. Remember to resize the tube to about width = 150, then Edit > Copy, then Edit > Paste as new layer on the log image. With the mover tool, move the decorations into position.
11. Layers > Merge > Merge Visible.
12. Layer > New Raster layer. Drag this layer to the bottom. Flood-fill the bottom layer with black.
13. Set foreground color to a bright yellow. Choose the paintbrush and choose a soft round brush tip, size 13. Make a yellow dot on top of the first wick.
14. Set brush to size 9, and foreground to orange. Add some orange to the flame. Set brush to size = 5, and foreground to white. Add some white to the flame.
15. Choose the smudge tool. Set size = 5, hardness = 75 (ignore picture)
16. With the smudge tool, smudge the colors of the flame together, and long upward sweeps.
17. Right-click on the flame layer and Duplicate it enough for each candle. Move the flame into position over each candle.
18. Click on the bottom layer. Layer > New Raster layer.
19. Choose a yellow-orange for the foreground color. Set paintbrush to soft tip, size 65. Place a glow circle behind each flame.
20. Lower this layer to 75% opacity.
21. Right-click on top layer. Merge > Merge Visible
22. Save this as a JPeG. File > JPEG Optimizer.
Please do not remove this tutorial from my site. Share my url.